Are you our next great employee or know someone who could be?
Wild Birds Unlimited is the first and largest franchise system of retailing stores catering to the backyard nature enthusiast throughout North America. Our goal through our independently owned and operates stores is to provide quality products, exceptional service, expertise and a pleasant shopping experience.
The difference between Wild Birds Unlimited and other retailers goes far beyond what we sell. It's who we are. Enthusiasm, professionalism, informed advice and superior customer service are the hallmarks of our staff.
We are seeking a Sales Associate with great retail and service skills. Working at our locally owned Ames, Iowa Wild Birds Unlimited store is an opportunity to support and educate our friendly customers about birds and nature.
Our Sales Associates work with other staff, including the owners, to bring to life the store’s mission – “We Bring People and Nature Together®…And We Do It With Excellence!”
To that end, we provide training with regard to backyard bird feeding, bird watching and product knowledge, plus selling and customer service skills.
- Previous retail experience helpful, but not required.
- Excellent selling, customer service and people skills.
- Ability to lift and carry seed for our customers, up to 50 lbs. – a foundation of our service!
- A highly motivated, self-starter able to work both independently and in a small team environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Personal computer literate.
- Part-time, approximately 15 - 30 hours per week with a flexible schedule of mostly daytime hours and the equivalent of two weekends per month.
This is not a short-term position. At a minimum must be able to work through Spring 2019. And this could be a long-term position for the right individual.
Our goal is to provide quality products, service, expertise and a high energy shopping experience and help customers bring nature into their own backyards and lives. Come join our team!
Applications are being accepted now until the position is filled, and can be:
- Dropped off or mailed to the store at 213 Duff Ave., Ames, IA 50010
- Faxed to (515) 956-3146
- Emailed to [email protected]